Trump might create new executive to replace struck down by appeals court

By Bonnie K. Goodman

President Donald Trump is leaving his options open after the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeal refused to reinstate his executive order travel ban limiting visa and refugees from seven countries with ties to terrorism. Trump told reporters on Friday afternoon, February 10, 2017, as he was travelling on Air Force One from Washington to Florida, that he is considering a “brand new” executive order to replace the embattled one.

President Trump told reporters “We need speed for reasons of security, so it very well could be.” Meanwhile, his White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus said the Administration “will pursue all options through the court system.” Priebus indicated as Trump did earlier this week that the White House might take the battle to the Supreme Court of the United States.

Source: ABC News Radio Online

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s